Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Space, the final square inch.

It's a small space or at least it used to be small. Now it's cavernous. The number of bicycles far exceeds the usable space, so every morning the staff moves 50+ bikes out into our shared alleyway. I call it marching up and down the square. Most of the business philosophy is based loosely on Monty Python skits anyway. The daily kick-out is a chore we wouldn't miss if by some mistaken chance we gained a warehouse space. Zeus would be proud that almost useless tasks were still being handed out in the 21st Century.
The boss has been on an under appreciated search for more space as in a warehouse and/or a second location. I, for one, have the least amount of skepticism about the mission. I want more room, but for the life of me, I can't understand the complexity of the boss's thinking process on the subjects. I wish it we as simple as find an affordable space, secure it, and begin using it ASAP. Teaching without words and work without effort are understood by very few.

No comments: